The Angel (The Original Sinners) - Tiffany Reisz

Enjoyed The Angel even more than the The Siren!

“My confession begins," Father S said, "as the confessions of many men begin - with three words"

"Father forgive me?" Michael hazarded a guess.

Father S sighed."I met Eleanor.”

Having relegated Søren to the background of the first book I wasn't sure how much I'd enjoy seeing him front and center this time around. Boy was I wrong!! Søren leaps off the pages, as compelling and commanding in fiction as he appears to our characters in 'real life'. The Angel fills in the back story on his life and the legacy his family stamped on him, and he became so much more to me than the one note character we saw before. I understood him, empathized with him and saw how his past made him who he is.

Then there is dear, dear Nora. Gosh I love this girl. Probably a bit too much and yes I do realize that she is a bit larger than life but I can't help it! I immersed myself in Nora's conflicted feelings as she struggles between her continued longing for 'plain, vanilla' Wesley and her one true love, two sides of a very complicated puzzle. I'm still thinking about her choices and trying to understand the WHY of how she feels for both of these men in her life.

I enjoy how much The Original Sinners still surprises me with how quickly I sink into the minds of it's characters as they fight for acceptance, love, and fulfillment.