Tiger Lily - Jodi Lynn Anderson

It's not hard to imagine that the way Anderson writes the story of Tiger Lily casts the Disney version of Peter Pan we all know and love in a whole new and astoundingly bittersweet light. This is the story of the girl who loved Peter first.

Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair. . . Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell.

Narrated by a familiar little fairy named Tinkerbell, we see the world of Neverland in a beautiful, wild and savage way. Beautiful written with heartfelt emotion and vivid imagination, I was enthralled from start to finish with Tiger Lily's bravery, loyalty and the personal sacrifices that defined her. With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart.