Kinked - Thea Harrison

I started Kinked thinking it'd be a fairly typical 'enemies become lovers' story but in the end that's not exactly what I got.

Quentin and Aryal won me over with their effortless (and relentless!) snark and intensely emotional bond.  None of this might surprise you if you've read the Elder Races series before but what I loved too was how honest they were with each other.  Once they realized that they couldn't kill each other outright (harsh but true, these two had some serious hate going on for each other) there were no games, no manipulations and no holding back between them as they found out how what they didn't even know what they were looking for was right in front of them all along.  Perfect example - the scene in surgery.  I won't spoil it but suffice it to say I had an itty bitty lump in my throat when I reached the end of that intense passage.

I didn't really focus on Aryal as a protagonist before and Quentin is a new character, but they won me over with their very satisfying love story.  Kinked was another enjoyable installment in the Elder Races series.  Now if I can only talk Thea Harrison into NOT postponing Graydon's book while she writes for another character (to be fair I understand her reasoning but whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy *sob*)